The Beach Hut

The Beach Hut

Sunday 1 March 2015

Excuses, Excuses, Nothing but Excuses

Not much seems to have changed since I wrote my last blog.  I'm registered on my chosen course but it's take me until now to get onto the website to download all the course material for my first module and order some of the books which are required reading.  I seem to have forgotten my email password so am having problems communicating with the university and getting access to the journals I need in the library.  In addition I have a new computer - it seemed a good idea since my old one was a small netbook and had become very slow; well, it was four years old.  This will be a benefit but for now I'm held up again because my new computer works with Windows 8.1 and so I have a whole new operating system to get to grips with.

On the plus side I have received my library card and hope to soon have permission to use my local university library, I have also received my NUS Extra card which means I can get discounts in various places - something I knew nothing about for the five years when I was studying before.

For now I have lots of reading to do if I'm going to finish my first assignment by 22 April.

No comments:

Post a Comment